Tuesday 31 May 2016

Sparkshop Auckland

This weekend I attend the SparkShop conferences  (un-coferences) held in Auckland. The day began with a Smorgasbord session in which we could vote for the presenters that we most wanted to hear. This was awesome because it meant that we were involved in shaping the event.

The first session I attended was all able chrome add-ons. There were some interesting add-ons shared and I came away with a mini me in the form of a Bitmoji.

The second session I attended was about Maker Spaces. In this season we tinkered with swishy circuits and played with robot. It was so much fun and now I really want a Robot!!!!! For my kids mostly but also because they are Amazing. It was great fun programming it say and do different things. 


The third an final session I went to was about mystery hangouts. This is when your classes calls another class somewhere in the world and the learners have to ask yes or no questions to figure out where the other class are. During this session we had a test run with two teams, each team was assigned a school somewhere else in the world and we had to figure out the other teams location. WE WON!!!! This session really made me think about the connects our learners can make and how this can support them to develop questioning skills. 


I had an awesome day at Sparkshop, met some awesome educators and learned about new way to use technology in the classroom. I am excited to keep connecting online and at more events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment